March 10, 2007

"I'm not going to scream First Amendment here because let's face it: I don't know the doctrine."

I love that. It's a classic line in the annals of lawprof blogging. Written by Dan Filler, who does have a lot to say about "vagina."

CORRECTION: I had wrong the Concurring Opinions author named originally. I apologize for invoking poor Daniel Solove's name. He probably knows plenty about the First Amendment and may very well have little to say about "vagina." I vow to be more careful in the future when blogging at 3 in the morning. I did get the first three letters of the name right...

3 comments:

Dave said...

Seems to me you were complaining some time ago that various filters were blocking your blog from people at work.

And yet you talk about vaginas, women feeling other women up, etc.

The phrase "can't have you sexually laden speech and eat it too" comes to mind...

Troy said...

The real crime is that these girls thought the Vagina Monologues was quality performance material. What utter crap.

What a world though... you can read Puss in Boots, but you can't say "Puss" because some bureaucratic Tom, ****, or Harry may be offended.

LutherM said...

RE: 1st Amendment - we now have a new synonym for "fire" - as in shouting it in a crowded theatre.