December 10, 2004

Why I love business.

My UW parking spot is in Grainger Hall, which is the Business School. Every day I ride up the elevator and enter the beautiful lobby and... what's that smell? Someone is baking yummy cinnamon buns... People selling houses often make a point of baking cinnamon buns when prospective buyers are tromping through. The idea is to reach deeply into their emotional minds and make them feel soft, cushy feelings of home and motherly love. Is that the devious scheme of the Business School? Or is it the simple consequence of the snack bar on the ground floor? We have a little snack bar on the ground floor of the Law School, but I never smell anything even when I walk right by it. There's certainly no smell pervading the entire atrium. How do we expect to instill love for the law without some nice, homey aromas?

No comments: