May 28, 2006

Audible Althouse #51.

A fresh, new podcast. Stream it here. Subscribe:

Ann Althouse - Audible Althouse

I talk about comics, especially Popeye:

Popeye menu

There's some stuff about the "Masters of American Comics" show at the Milwaukee Art Museum and Art Spiegelman writing about cartoons in Harper's Magazine. Then there's that list of conservative rock songs and Pete Townsend's reaction to "Won't Get Fooled Again" being on it. I talk a bit about Bob Dylan. (The Paul Simon song I can't quite remember is "Night Game.")

There's some exciting violence involving a spider that occurs early on in this podcast. And the whole thing ends with a discussion of cool. And Kookie.

2 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Now, wait a sec, did I say it was "hell"? I don't think so. Anyway, if the military experience is the standard of comparison, I won't be allowed to whine about anything. This is like the way my mother was always responding to complaining by saying "If that's the worse thing that ever happened to you..." She -- I should mention -- was a WAC in WWII, working with men who suffered from battle fatigue.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

wickedpinto: Ease up, Marine! She's suffering for her art.

If there were a "Bob Dylan" drinking game for this podcast, I would be TOTALLY WASTED! I'm tempted to listen to it again just to count the number of times you say his name. It's got to be dozens.