May 29, 2006

"Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here...."

...You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions?

Yeah. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's "bitchin," is that it? Let me tell you something. Look at him - he's a bum! You want to see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years. You'll see how goddamned funny he is!
"The Breakfast Club" (1985).

RIP, Paul Gleason, AKA Principal Richard Vernon. Thanks for making all of us who ever got in trouble with the principal laugh a lot.
You just bought yourself another Saturday.

Ooh I'm crushed.

You just bought one more.

5 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

"But someday when you're outta here and forgotten about this place and they've forgotten about you, and you're wrpped up in your own pathetic life, I'm gonna be there. That's right. And I'm gonna kick the living shit out of you. I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt."

knox said...

I have this love-hate thing with those John Hughes movies. If I'm flipping through the channels and one is on, it takes all my willpower to resist watching. But if I keep it on and watch it all the way through, when it's over I always feel cheap and depressed.

Tibore said...

Damn, Knoxgirl... you're making that sound like a bad date.

Dactyl said...

He was more quotable in Breakfast Club, but I'll always remember him for his role in Die Hard.

"We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

reader_iam said...

I loved the way he had that character "preen": too delicious.

(But I have to say that the lipstick trick performed by Molly Ringwald's character is usually the first thing that jumps to mind when I think of that movie.)